This site has limited support for your browser. We recommend switching to Edge, Chrome, Safari, or Firefox.

Free worldwide shipping on orders of US$300+

Shop now, pay later with Afterpay Learn more

ABOUT THE LARIMAR SHOP

Showing the world the incredible Dominican artistry since 1998.

We are a Mother-Daughter online shop located in the Dominican Republic. Just the two of us working together on this beautiful project that started more than 15 years ago.

HOW DID IT ALL START?

First, it was only a dream since I worked a full-time job as an executive of one of the biggest telephone companies in the country. My vision started to take shape after giving birth to my first child. I was splitting my time between work and family, trying to find the right Work-Life Balance (Still working on it!!) to comply with everything or almost everything; this was when my second child was born.

At this point, I started thinking about putting my efforts into something that I love and be able to spend more time with my family.

On the other hand, my mom was related to the artisan world, having the chance to meet most of our local artisans and work with tourist groups worldwide.

We always had the dream of showing the world the incredible artistry of our Dominican artisans. Their art has been learned for generations, exhibiting beautiful jewelry with traditional clean lines and classic designs. 

First steps

We thought of the beauty of creating Larimar jewels solely for #Larimarlovers abroad. We started working with a small stock made by only two artisans we had known for years (our leading artisans today). The appreciation of our jewels surpassed our expectations! We had to make room for more artisans, and I decided to resign from my 13 years job. 

More than ten years later, I would say that this has been by far the most exciting chapter of my life. Our goal is to showcase the beauty of Dominican craftsmanship and, most importantly, our unique Dominican Larimar stone.

In the present

As for today, we strive to obtain the Larimar directly from the miners, enabling us to offer you the best Larimar quality in each piece. Each year new younger artists join our workshop to keep our collections fresh and always in style without losing the artisanal touch. 

You cannot imagine how we enjoy every time we pack and ship your orders. It means sharing the beauty of Larimar with customers around the world, offering the best we can at a price each pocket can afford according to their demand!

THE TLS GUARANTEE

Our Commitment to Quality

DESIGN AND CRAFTSMANSHIP

Each design in our workshop begins with the creativity of our team of artisans. Our inspiration comes from the essence of the Larimar Blue and its bold, distinct patterns. We think of feminine styles that allow us to maintain the romanticism in each piece, that at the same time exalt the strength and originality of each woman with avant-garde fashions that never go out of style. 

Each design is conceived to highlight the authenticity within each of us, making every creation a unique piece even when there is more than one.

The diversity in our Larimar patterns and our Amber tones make each piece UNIQUE.

Our expert jewelers then use the highest quality materials from precious metals—from 925 Silver to 14k gold and 18k gold vermeil, to ethically sourced AAA-grade Larimar gemstones.

PRECIOUS METALS

Every material we use, along with the craftsmanship of each piece, must pass our test for everyday wear. We purposefully work with 14k gold, sterling silver, vermeil, and particular gemstones or fossils to complement Larimar for that reason.

It's standard practice to alloy pure silver with more rigid materials to improve its strength. The Larimar Shop uses sterling silver, the most popular silver alloy; at least 92.5% pure silver (AKA 925 silver), whereas the remaining 7.5% can be made up of other metals, most commonly copper. 925 silver is ideal for jewelry use as it preserves the color and luster of pure silver while significantly improving the meta's durability.

Our 14k gold fine jewelry is made to be worn every day. Compared to 18k gold, 14k gold is far more durable, so you can sweat, shower, and sleep in your pieces. It will scratch less and will continue to maintain its champagne-hued shine.

Similarly, our gold vermeil is a premium material crafted to last—and superior to gold plating due to its thick layer of 18k gold over sterling silver, which is in and of itself a highly enduring precious metal. In comparison, gold plating is typically a thin layer of gold over a less durable metal such as copper, brass, or, sometimes, alloys, such as nickel or zinc-based.

Browse our unique pieces.

Enjoy a piece that makes a statement and tells a story with its patterns, unique color and beautiful details.

View products

Cart

No more products available for purchase

Your cart is currently empty.